Your blog should be operated as a business, and all good businesses begin with and follow a plan. With this in mind we want to write a business plan of sorts for your blog. The plan should entail why you are or have created your blog and what it is you want to accomplish. This is where you will list your goals in a way that will be encouraging to you. The goals for your blog can be anything from driving traffic, to increasing subscriptions, to creating awareness.
Goals for my blog:
- Connect with like minded individuals via social networking.
- Inform said individuals on the topics of marketing and social media.
- Advance the knowledge and careers of said individuals and myself.
Also, a clear vision statement for your blog should be written. Your vision should complement and mesh with your goals.
Vision for my blog:
- Inspire readers to achieve their goals by providing avenues for knowledge gathering and educating.
One very important thing to keep in mind is that your goals and vision will develop and grow therefore, your plan will change with them. Be sure to keep your plan updated so you can see and know where you are going and why. Another good idea is to print out your plan and post it in an obvious place as a reminder of what you want to achieve.
Now it is your turn. Have you developed a plan for your blog? Let me know what you come up with.
- Developing a Marketing Plan: Tips for Evaluating 2012 & Creating 2013 (amsterdamprinting.com)
- Can Blogging Be Your Secret Weapon For Local SEO? (searchengineland.com)
- Blogging, the Ultimate Optimization Tool! (amarketingexpert.com)